If you participate in the doppler rental program, you will be required to complete a liability waiver form, lease agreement, and provide a prescription from your OBGYN or midwife. There is no charge to rent the device, however you will be responsible for return shipping (about $6-7) and purchasing sonic gel(or KY jelly) to use with the doppler. Our dopplers are high quality devices that are purchased from a medical provider, and we ask that all recipients take care of the units so we may help as many women as possible. We simply ask that women who receive a doppler during their pregnancy, return it to us within 2 weeks of delivery so that we can pass along the doppler to another waiting mommy.
Not everyone who has experienced a loss will benefit from doppler use. We encourage you to talk with your practioner about the pros and cons to using a doppler during your subsequent pregnancy, and determine what’s best for your prenatal care. If you receive a doppler, we strongly suggest you take the doppler with you to your next OB appointment and let your doctor teach you how to locate the heartbeat with our monitor and answer any hands on questions you may have.
Please note: Finding a heartbeat on the home doppler does not necessarily mean the baby is okay. Always contact your doctor if you have concerns regarding the health of your baby and maintain regular appointments throughout your pregnancy. A doppler is meant to be a supplemental piece to your subsequent prenatal care, not a replacement tool. You are encouraged to maintain regular OB appointments throughout your pregnancy and follow any recommendations (ie. kick counts).
Guidelines for our rental program…
* FDA regulations require that you have a prescription to rent a doppler. We must receive a written prescription from your doctor on a prescription pad. In accordance with FDA regulations, the Rx must be specific to your situation with an indication of your history and request for doppler use.
* You must have previously experienced infant loss or are currently in a high risk pregnancy. If you have any questions about whether you qualify for the doppler rental program, please contact us. We strive to help every mother who requests use of a Doppler, so please contact us if you feel a Doppler would help you.
* You may request the doppler at any point in your pregnancy, however we will not send you the doppler until you are at least 12 weeks. This is because it is often too difficult to consistently find the baby’s heartbeat before 12 weeks. We generally have a waiting list for a doppler, so we recommend getting us your documents as soon as possible. We work hard to help as many women as possible and will do our best to get a doppler in your hands.
* You will receive the doppler at no charge. We ask that you return the doppler within 2 weeks of giving birth so that we may help others such as yourself. If we do not receive the doppler back 4 weeks after delivery, you will be charged for the doppler per the lease agreement. If you have any problems that would prevent you from getting the doppler to us, please contact us and we will help you.
You may ship it back to Beats for Bristol, 5812 W 125 S, Bargersville, IN 46106. We ask that you ship the doppler in the same fashion you received it.
* If you are interested in receiving a doppler, please contact us. I will email you our release of liability form that needs to be completed and returned before being added to the waiting list. You may email it back to me or send via mail, Attn: Katie Sparks, 5812 W 125 S, Bargersville, IN 46106. Your doctor (or yourself) may email or send the prescription as well.
Caring for the doppler:
Always wipe the gel off of the probe with a dry paper towel or cloth. Never use any type of cleaning solution on the probe or the unit. If the dopper becomes sticky or appears to be dirty, wipe with a damp cloth. Run some warm water onto a cloth and wring it out thoroughly before wiping the unit and please do not use any cleaning agent on the unit as this could damage it. And please remember that if you return a doppler that is damaged there will be other mothers like you who will not be given the same opportunity to be reassured by hearing her baby’s heartbeat. If the doppler is returned damaged, you could be charged for the replacement of the unit. We greatly appreciate you caring for the unit as if it were yours so other women can benefit from our service.